The Forum conversation series kicks off 2017 with a powerful lineup of Tech standouts
The Forum is a series of engaging conversations focused on relevant and important topics impacting Bay Area lifestyle, with a focus on the African American community. Inspiring and provocative influencers and experts are invited to participate in open and frank discussions. Guests range from artists, entrepreneurs, and futurists to business leaders, tech pioneers and elected officials.
Lightning Talk Presentation
- Barbara Williams-Hardy – Managing Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Oracle
Panel Conversation hosted by Megan Rose Dickey – Reporter, TechCrunch
- Guests: Shellye Archambeau – CEO, MetricStream; Robin Washington – CFO, Gilead Sciences
- Moderated conversation focused on African American participation in the tech ecosystem at the C-Suite level
- Features a guest panel of C-Suite level executives staged in a “living room/fireside chat” setting discussing the demands of their position, career path, key learnings, ongoing challenges, diversity
- Conversation includes questions submitted in advance by attendees, and developed by Host
After The Forum
Enjoy a cocktail or bite at Pican Restaurant (1/2 block away) immediately following the FORUM. Your paid FORUM admission includes a $10 Pican gift certificate (not applicable towards taxes or gratuity). No minimum purchase required. Limited quantity, purchase early!
$15-$30 Priority/Early Bird (limited quantity), includes $10 Pican gift certificate (reg $35 Premium)
7:00pm (Doors open 6:30pm) • Impact Hub Oakland, 2323 Broadway
100 Black Men of the Bay Area • African American Employee Network (AAEN Bay Area) • #BPN Bay Area • CDA Consulting Group • Hands Helping Hands • LA Jones & Associates • National Coalition of 100 Black Women (Oakland Bay Area Chapter) • Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce • Onyx Community Connection • Pican Restaurant
Must be present at check-in to receive Pican gift certificate, distributed at event only.